The Cisco® Catalyst® 2960-S Series Switches are fixed-configuration Gigabit Ethernet switches (Figure 1) that provide enterprise-class Layer 2 switching for campus and branch access applications. They enable reliable and secure business operations with lower total cost of ownership through a range of innovative features including FlexStack, Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), and Cisco Catalyst SmartOperations.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-S switches feature:
● 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports
● 1G Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) or 1G/10G SFP+ slots
● Cisco FlexStack stacking with 20 Gbps of stack throughput (optional)
● IEEE 802.3at-compliant PoE+ for up to 30W of power per port
● Up to 740W of combined PoE/PoE+ budget
● USB interfaces for management and file transfers
● LAN Base or LAN Lite Cisco IOS® Software feature set
● SmartOperations tools that simplify deployment and reduce the cost of network administration
● An enhanced limited lifetime hardware warranty (E-LLW), providing next-business-day replacement
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S Series is ideal for:
● Deploying cost-effective wired connectivity in traditional desktop workspace environments
● Implementing quality of service (QoS) to provide priority treatment of voice and critical business applications
● Enforcing basic security policies to limit access to the network and mitigate threats
● Reducing total cost of ownership through simplified operations and automation
48 x 10/100/1000 + 4 x SFP
Cisco Smart Install is a transparent plug-and-play technology to configure the Cisco IOS Software image and switch configuration without user intervention. Smart Install utilizes dynamic IP address allocation and the assistance of other switches to facilitate installation providing transparent network plug and play.
Cisco Auto Smartports provide automatic configuration as devices connect to the switch port, allowing auto detection and plug and play of the device onto the network.
Cisco Smart Configuration provides a single point of management for a group of switches and in addition adds the ability archive and backup configuration files to a file server or switch allowing seamless zero touch switch replacement.
Cisco Smart Troubleshooting is an extensive array of debug diagnostic commands and system health checks within the switch, including Generic Online Diagnostics (GOLD) and Onboard Failure Logging (OBFL).